Saturday 11 July 2009

Knitting in the Garden


It was nice this morning, so I decided to sit outside and knit. I also took some pictures of what I was knitting.

That's not all my garden! Past the bushes behind the chair is next door's garden, but it's nice out there as we don't go for big fences giving the impression that the gardens are much bigger than they really are.



And here is what I was knitting with. It's Wollmeise lace weight in Der Letzte Versucht colourway. I'm making the Rose Leaves Tunic from Meg Swanson's "A Gathering of Lace".



I've completed past the neck hole now and am about to start on the second sleeve. Looking forward to doing some actual lace knitting rather than rows and rows of garter stitch! Many thanks to Vampy from Ravelry for her tip on how to create the fake seams without having to drop all the stitches and pick them back up again with a crochet hook.

Unfortunately it got a bit overcast out there, so it's time to get some food ready for a barbecue we are going to tomorrow. We are also going to a well dressing in my neighbour's garden at lunchtime. He's been preparing for it all morning, so it should be a nice party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lovely place for knitting!!!

And your tunic in Der letzte Versuch-Lace will be stunning for sure.

I am already looking forward to photos of the finished tunic!

Many greetings from a sunny Germany,
Sandra